Bonney Forge’s forged steel valves and piping components have led the way for over eighty years in state of the art design, manufacture and logistic processes.
API 602 Forged Valves
- gate valves
- ‘T’- pattern globe valve
- ‘Y’- pattern globe valves
- Swing check valves
- Piston & ball check valves
- Alternative design solutions
The advantages of forged steel valves
Forging offers uniformity of composition and structure. Forging results in metallurgical recrystallization and grain refinement as a result of the thermal cycle and deformation process.
This strengthens the resulting steel product particularly in terms of impact and shear strength. Forged steel is stronger than castings and plate steel due to the fact that the grain flows of the steel are modified, conforming to the shape of the part.
B.F.E forged steel valves
- Forged metal offers dimensional uniformity and close dimensional tolerances.
- The tight grain structure of forged metal is mechanically strong and offers great wear resistance.
- The nature of forging excludes the occurrence of porosity. shrinkage, cavities and cold pour issues.
- B.F.E forged valves are tougher than alternatives.
B.F.E forged steel valves are dependable
BFE products are manufactured and tested in strict accordance to ASTM, ASME, ANSI, API and other applicable industry codes and specifications. Chemical and mechanical properties of all Bonney Forge products are fully traceable to the original forging lot and raw material heat.